Admission Procedure for Classes: PG to 9th
(The age of the Prospective Student as on 30th September of the academic session for which admission is sought)
Delhi Public School | Azaad Nagar | DPS Kanpur
- Playgroup : 3 Years
- Nursery : 4 Years
- Prep. : 5 Years
- Class I : 6 Years
- Class II onwards : On the basis of the previous class
A duly filled form available from the school is to be submitted with the non-refundable, non-transferable Registration Fee within 7 days from the date of issue of form or the last date given.
- A copy of birth certificate must be attached with the registration form.
- Students who have attended other schools need to submit a photocopy of the report card of the last two years from the previous school.
The registration fee is neither adjustable nor refundable and is valid only for the specified academic year. Registration of a child is not a guarantee of his/her admission.
The registered children are required to appear for an admission test , which may be written or oral (as laid down by the School for different classes). The test will be held for English, Hindi, Mathematics and/or any other subject which may be considered necessary.
- The selection of the candidates will depend upon the child’s performance in the test / interview and the availability of seats in the concerned class.
- Assessment of the child for admission is also based on the following factors:
- Academic readiness and motivation
- Social and emotional development
- Family co-operation in working with the school and meeting the needs of the students
- Ability of the school to serve the needs of the child
- The date of the result of the test / interview & the last date for the submission of fee will be specified at the time of the test / interview.
- Based on the admission test and other criteria, the School reserves the right to admit any student who is found fit for admission or refuse admission without assigning any reason. For all matters related to admissions, the decision of the Principal/Management will be final.
- The names of the students who have been granted admission will be displayed on the notice board.
- Students who are offered admission must submit the following documents before joining or the offer will stand cancelled and the seat will be passed on to the next student in the ‘Waiting List’.
- Submission of the evidence of date of birth if not yet given.
- Evidence of passing the last class or promotion to the present class.
- Original Transfer Certificate from the previous school, which should be a recognized school, affiliated to the All India Board or a State Board of Education. Transfer Certificates have to be signed by DEO if the child is transferred from other states.
- A medical certificate from a qualified registered doctor showing the record of vaccination/ immunization etc. as well as mention of any particular ailment or health condition about which the school ought to know.
- 4 passport size photographs.
- Proof of residence of the child (Copy of Ration card / Voter’s ID / Passport).
- In case the child is adopted, parents will have to produce attested copy of the adoption certificate issued by the competent authority.
- In case of divorce/separation, the parent who is admitting the child will have to produce a copy of custody of child certificate issued by the competent law officer.
Admission Procedure for Class 11th
Fill up a registration form
- The Registration Form (available in the School Office) needs to duly filled and returned to the Admissions Department on or before the due date along with the attested photocopy of Class IX & Class X Mark Sheet of the Board Examination.
- In case a candidate does not receive his Class X mark sheet from the Board due to any reason, he/she may submit a provisional mark sheet obtained from his/her school along with the registration form. Those who will fail to submit the completed registration form along with the Board Mark Sheet by the due date will not be considered for admission.
- Based upon the marks obtained in Class IX & Class X Board Examination, a list of selected candidates for admission to Class XI will be displayed on the notice board.
Information in detail, regarding choice of stream (science / commerce) & selection of fifth optional subject is mentioned in the registration form
Documents Required for Admission
- Attested photocopy of the Mark Sheet from the Board/School.
- Attested photocopy of Passing & Migration Certificates from the Board/School.
- 4 passport size photographs.
- Attested photocopy of the Certificate of School-Based Evaluation in respect of students admitted in class XI coming from schools affiliated to CBSE.
- School Leaving Certificate, duly signed by the concerned District Education Officer (DEO) or the Embassy of India, for students seeking admission from foreign countries.
- Conduct and Character Certificate from the school last attended
- Selected candidates may complete all the admission formalities and deposit the fee at the school office within 7 days failing which, he/she will have no claim for the admission later on.
- In case some of the selected candidates do not take admission, a second list will be brought out.
The Principal’s decision will be final regarding the placement of a student / allotment of stream / fifth optional subject.
Payment of Fee
- Full payment of all the fees and dues as payable by a new student at the time of admission as per the schedule laid down by the School. Payment can be made through a bank draft or ‘at par’ cheque. Demand Draft should be made in the name of “Delhi Public School” payable at Kanpur.
- Students whose fees is not timely paid prevented from taking school or public examinations. Transfer Certificate will not be issued until all outstanding amounts are cleared.
- The fee payable is subject to change from time to time. Parents will, however, be informed of any such changes.
- In case of withdrawal, the Caution Money will be refunded subject to the clearance of all dues. One month notice is required for withdrawal otherwise the Caution Money shall not be refunded.
Admission will be valid only if the fee is paid in full by the due date along with the necessary documents and certificates as mentioned above and on completion of all the other requirements.