Guidance & Counselling
DPS Azaad Nagar believes in providing equal opportunity to each child to develop his/her potential. Children in today’s modern and fast changing world face problems which are far more complex than before. DPS Azaad Nagar is aware of the stress which the child of today undergoes and hence the school has set up a Guidance & Counselling Centre with a permanent in house counsellor who helps them cope with their growing problems and facilitates balanced growth. The developmental needs of the children and especially of the adolescents are anticipated and corrective steps are undertaken to help the child experience smooth transition from one stage to another without much stress and strain in order to ensure a healthy and all round development which includes physical, psychological, educational, moral and social aspects.
The School is extremely conscious of the health and well being of its students. Every year, a medical camp is held in the school premises. A comprehensive medical checkup is carried out for each student. Besides the above, regular basic medical aid is constantly available in the school infirmary under the supervision of a trained nurse. The school also has a tie up with a fully equipped nursing home nearby.The Indian Medical Association (IMA), Kanpur Chapter, organizes Seminars in the school atleast once a year to promote “Health Consciousness” among the young students.
DPS Azaad Nagar Kanpur believes in keeping abreast with the latest technology so that it may be effectively used in modernizing the concept of teaching in classrooms. In keeping with the emphasis, “The EduComp Smart Class Concept” has been introduced at DPS Azaad Nagar.
Smart Class is a digital initiative that will
- Improve teacher effectiveness and productivity.
- Brings abstract the difficult curriculum concepts to life.
- Make learning an enjoyable experience for students.
- Enable instant formative assessment of learning outcomes in class.
Smart Class is a comprehensive solution designed to assist teachers in meeting day to day classroom challenges and enhances the students’ performance with simple, practical and meaningful use of technology.
It will also enable teachers to instantly assess and evaluate the learning achieved by their students in class.
Smart Class is powered by a vast repository of digital instruction materials exactly mapped to meet with the specific objectives laid out by different state learning standards.
Educomp aims at empowering teachers by equipping them with a vast repertoire of latest tools and techniques, preparing them to teach for understanding.
D.P.S. Azaad Nagar, Kanpur promotes state of the art facilities for the overall growth and development of the students and sports, being an integral part of the same are given a lot of importance. The school has a floodlit, huge, lush green 10,000 square metre playground which is a unique feature in itself. Special courts are designated for different sports. The school boasts of an international size 400 m racing track along with a Semi – Olympic size swimming pool. The other amenities include a shooting range and gym.
Inorder to train and guide the sporting talent the school has a huge team of Physical Training Instructors and Sports Coaches who are specialized in Cricket, Hockey, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Badminton, Table Tennis and Squash. Besides, all indoor games like chess are given top priority. Adventure Sports like Archery, Shooting, Horse Riding, Rope Climbing are also taken up in the school.
The school encourages the sportsmen to practice in the early morning hours by providing them a special ‘Fit’ n ‘Fine’ hour without hampering their studies. The teachers look out to give extra help to the students who participate extensively in tournaments and bring laurels to the school.
Students can avail school buses, subject to the availability of seats. The routes followed by the buses are drawn up well in advance and the parents should consult the bus incharge, for the necessary details.
- No student will be allowed to travel by school bus without the identity card.
- Students using the school bus are expected to be on the right side of the bus stop at least five minutes before the arrival time of the bus.
- The buses will not wait for any late-comers.
- The children should stay away from the main road until the bus arrives.
- No student should come near the entry door of the bus until it has made a complete stop.
- All students must occupy seats immediately after boarding their buses.
- The drivers are authorized to stop buses at the designated stops only. The list of stops is prepared keeping in view the convenience and safety of all bus commuters and is not subject to change. No diversion/ extension will be entertained on existing routes.
- Object of any kind must not be discarded inside or thrown out of the bus. No student shall act so as to divert the attention of the driver. Such students, if found guilty, are liable to be debarred from travelling by the school buses.
- Students will be held responsible for any damage to buses caused by negligence or vandalism.
- No student is allowed to eat in the bus.
- Discarding of trash or food either inside or outside the bus is not permitted.
- Unruly behaviour like shrieking and shouting is strictly prohibited. Courteous behaviour is expected at all times.
- List of students and stops will be available in the respective buses.
- The driver’s attention must not be distracted for any reason.
- The bus teachers and students-bus monitors are responsible for maintaining in discipline in the buses. Any serious offence must be reported to the Principal.
- School transport will be considered for those admitted to the school, if available on the particular route.
- School will not be responsible for the unavailability of bus service in the certain areas, or on certain routes, and parents must take this into account at the time of admission or at the times of change of residence.
- School reserves the right to deny the use of the bus to any student at any time, to change the route or to cancel it, if becomes necessary.